Friday, April 3, 2009

wtf kind of test is this?

do you ever get the feeling that you're being tested, just to see how far you can be pushed? i don't want to seem ungrateful but damn have the past few months sucked the life and energy out of me.
never mind that february was "how sick can avisa get" month...she lost 4 pounds in one month (i shouldn't say "lost"--i think she just transferred it to me) and was literally sick THE WHOLE MONTH. but then thankfully she got better and has been eating non-stop since. but then it was my turn. i caught the flu last week and was sicker than i have been in YEARS. four days of nothing but sitting on the couch, which you'd think i'd appreciate, but i couldn't really enjoy it because i was under 3 blankets trying to keep myself from shivering. i got better and thought we were over all the sickness since the weather is warming up. except earlier this week, i noticed my index fingers were hurting--the joints and bone. by the end of the day, my hands, wrists, knees...every frickin' joint in my body was aching--very arthritis-esque. the next morning i couldn't even close my hands into fists. three days of killing my kidneys with motrin, and i think it's finally getting better.
so now something is wrong with avisa's legs. she is normally the most active, hyper little kid. she doesn't walk, she runs. well, hobble-run, but still. i picked her up from school today and she was napping when i got there so i didn't notice anything until i got home. she can't walk. i put her down for a second and she screamed. and it wasn't the "hold me i'm tired" scream. it was an "ohmygod this hurts" screech. i thought she had maybe a splinter or something in her foot, but i checked and didn't see anything. i gave it about an hour, then tried to see if she would play a game of "go get [insert any random object here]" with one of niek's snakes (aptly named "Ol' Snakey"...whole other post). she got excited, clapped her hands as usual, but then when she tried to run to get it, she screamed again, sat right back down, and looked at me like it was my fault. i have no idea if she twisted her ankle or what, but it just sucks. it's times like this when i start to bargain with God--okay, make her leg okay and my joints can hurt forever, i don't care. i don't think God's a bargainer though. i just want us all to be healthy. :(

2 comments: