Friday, April 10, 2009

and now a conversation with niek

earlier this week, i dropped off artin at school and headed to the bank with niek and avisa in tow. (sidenote: drive-thru banks? awesome and convenient.)
niek: mommy after the bank are we going home?
me: yuupppppp
niek: but i don't WANNA go home
me: well what do you want to do then?
niek: go to Target
me: and do what?
niek: buy some-fing.
me: really? do you have money?
niek: yes, i have lots of money!
me: cool...how much you got?
niek: what?
me: how much money do you have?
niek: twenty and eight-hundred forty five
me: wow, that's a lot of money. where is it?
niek: in my pinkybank.
me: well what do you want to buy?
niek: a prize for me, because i'm a GOOOOOOD LISTENER! but mommy, when mamamia comes, she thinks it's okay to have TWOOOOOO candies!!!!
me: (dramatically) she does???
niek: yeah!
(about a minute passes)
niek: mommy can i have candy?
me: nope.
niek: whyyyyyyyyyyy???? (crocodile tears ensue)
me: because too much sugar is bad for you
(a little bit more whining...then a quick sniffle to get his shit back together)
niek: mommy i wanna go see mamamia.

hmm, interesting.

1 comment:

  1. LMAOOOOO! You gotta love that kid. I can't wait to smush him with hugs and kisses.... then give him candy =)

    ReplyDelete