Saturday, January 24, 2009

Woohoo! HEAT WAVE!


Thursday was by far the most beautiful day we've had in a long, long while. It was also Avisa's birthday. I'm not saying that had anything to do with the weather, but what are the chances, seriously? Actually, every birthday for the kids has been beautiful, weather wise. Artin's July birthdays have the potential to be plagued by thunderstorms and rain (which would suck since every year his birthday has been outside, the past two with the huge waterslide!); Niek's October birthday is really a hit-or-miss. It could be cold, it could be hot, nobody can venture a guess. This past year it was a perfect 65 while the kids jumped around in the bounce house, then warmed up to a high of 80! Lucky I tell ya.

So I took the kids to the playground and decided to put to use the first photography rule I learned: Never center your subject. Centering makes the picture plain and boring. It works! Even ordinary pictures look pretty cool when you mess with angle a little. Here are a few more:







I used my own point-and-shoot camera. I'll start using Ario's nice camera once I figure out the angles, ISO...all that stuff. Next after: learning to photoshop pictures. I don't mean taking out my pimples or anything. Just adjusting color levels, contrast etc, to give them more artsyfartsy looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment